Monday, April 13, 2009

risen.

Here are a few reflections as Easter passes...

- My Easter was: Woodmont Hills in the morning (the first time I've gone to a Sunday morning church service this year.), brenner for lunch with a dear friend, a few great games of frisbee in the afternoon, Ethos with my parents joining me at 6, a great meal with my parents after church, and sharing time with great friends late tonight... My Easter was: wonderful.

- I needed the reminding today, and thank God I found it.  It takes too much shaking and too many smacks in the face to awaken me from my slumber sometimes, and it was so good to be alive again.

- It was flattering this morning to hear Dean quote excerpts from my blog at an Easter Sunday, which he did for three services to a couple thousand people. This is not to mention that through him that message was able to reach a group of people who I am glad to have heard it (which is not meant to be an indictment, but rather a challenge to myself and the others who partook in that message this morning). I certainly don't mention this out of pride, but out of sincere flattery that my thoughts would be considered worthy of that setting. The message was relevant and authentic. I am thankful to be a part of the continuing story.

- I was also struck with a simple phrase while at Woodmont. Dean started his teaching by saying "Christ is risen" and the congregation was then directed to respond "Christ is risen indeed."  This call and response lead me to the realization of how beautiful it would be to share that as a greeting among my brothers and sisters in Christ. So, tonight I mentioned this to a few dear friends that I would love to start sharing that experience with one another. Instead of exchanging something such as "Hey, how ya doin?"..."I'm good"..."What's up?"..."Not much"... we can actually share the joy of the resurrection in a simple way that will remind us of what we are living for. I hope this goes well and never becomes a rote exchange.

- I love playing frisbee. I played a lot this weekend, and my legs and feet know it. I think that time was well spent with God and man.

- The service at Ethos tonight was precisely what my soul was searching for.  The worship was heartfelt and well thought out, and the message was simple and True.  God was present as always, but it was clear there was a room full of people who had invited Him into their hearts and minds... the Church was alive. I sang with all my heart, I choked back the tears, and I remembered. I am continuously blessed to be a part of my family at Ethos; I thank God for leading me there.

- Simple truth is universal. It can touch any heart and transform any life. Our Loving Father is sovereign.

Hallelujah! Christ is risen! He has conquered Death, it has lost its sting. Whom shall we fear? I will not live in my fear any longer. Our Lord is a Strong and Mighty Fortress, who could stand against Him? He makes us strong. He leads us through the fire. He leads us through the waves. He lifts us up on wings like eagles. He is our Protector. He is our Provider. He is our Love. He is our Peace. He is our Grace. He is our Father. He is our Everything, and He is RISEN!


No comments:

Post a Comment