Wednesday, March 4, 2009

saba.


I had the realization yesterday, that I will once again be in the most beautiful place in the world in just over a week.
That realization is both exhilarating and terrifying!

All at once I can't wait, and I can't seem to gather enough time to be prepared.  If only spring break were a week and a half so I could spend a few days running errands, gathering supplies, and a few days preparing my heart.

Right now, I am still very much in the cycle of "rest and rush" that I wrote about not too long ago, and it has been so difficult for me to focus my thoughts on God when so many other things are competing for my attention. I hate that feeling!

This very same thing has been an issue for me in the last two years I've traveled to Saba for spring break.  In the long run it may be impossible to feel as if I took advantage of every opportunity to be intentional, but the last two years have called for a tough look back, remembering all the chances I might have had to make more of an impact, to live more fully in Christ.

These next several days will be days of rush, with very little rest to be found, so I pray that God will keep me centered on His purpose and His passion.  
And I ask that, if you are reading this, you keep me in your prayers, not just for safety but that my heart will be beating at the same rhythm as God's.

Time is moving quickly! God you are faster. Carry me.

No comments:

Post a Comment