Friday, January 16, 2009

alive.

Hey friends... Just thought I'd send this your way. We meditated over these verses from Matthew 11:28-30 today in my spiritual formation class. It's just a beautiful paraphrase (from The Message) of the translation we're used to. Read over this a few times... listen to Jesus' invitation... take it to heart... embrace the peace you can find in Him.

"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."



I hope this finds you well, and I hope that our hearts continually open to the beauty and Grace of God. May we remember that the only real life, the only way we can befully alive, is to seek the purpose of God above all other things.

This is my prayer: "Let us be one with Your will, let us strive towards the goals that you have set before us: to love, to forgive, to grow. May we cast aside the chains that bind us to the worn patterns of this world, and fall in step with the unforced rhythms of your grace... so that we may live. I can't wait to be alive, Father. 
You have given me life, now make it yours."

No comments:

Post a Comment