Saturday, February 28, 2009

breathe.

I have had the realization that my life has become a series of shallow breaths. 
I call these breaths weekends.
Sometimes the breaths are deeper than others.
Last "breath" was hardly a breath at all.
Some breaths bring air fresh and invigorating surging into my lungs.
Some breaths are wasted.
Some breaths are life-altering.
Some breaths are life-saving.

My breath is my Sabbath.
My Sabbath is my breath.

I am living and breathing in a cycle of rush and rest.
Rush.
Rest.
Rush.
Rest.


Lord...

Grant me rest.

Let me just breathe for a moment.


Let me breathe You in.

Let me take You in.


May I gain life from You.


You are my Strength.

You are my Life.

You are my Power.

You are my Breath.


You are my Everything...

And I owe everything to You.


Breathe in.
Breathe out.
...
Breathe in.
...
Breathe out.

No comments:

Post a Comment