Tuesday, February 17, 2009

center.

It's time I started focusing on what is at the center, the core of my existence.

As I walked from work this afternoon I realized that exactly 0% of my day was dedicated to the purposes of God.

During this day I went to three different "Bible classes," chapel, bowed my head for a handful of prayers, and interacted with several beloved friends.

At no point did I acknowledge God's intimate presence.

I can't even say that things changed after I made this realization around dinner time as I walked to my apartment. I'm not sure if things have changed even now as I write this, but I know it's time.

A day lived outside the purposes of God is a day not lived at all.
There is no motivation.
There is no center.

True life is found in Christ, nowhere else. 
May we keep striving, without ceasing, for a daily life centered around the perfect representation of life, who is Christ. 
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment